At Above the Brine we value providing a professional service with high quality workmanship in a friendly environment at competitive prices. We employ an expert team for engines and hull work. We are easy to get in touch with and are committed to keeping you up to date and informed.
- If we don't have it, we'll do our best to get it!
- Full service marine facility
- A variety of boat storage options available
- Better than competitive rates
- Secure facility
- Family owned and operated
We treat every customer with a high level of integrity, loyalty, and honesty.
Simon Martin-Jones, Owner
Simon’s love of boats and in particular sailing started at an early age. After watching his father build the family a wooden Drasombe Lugger, then spending his youth on many a harry adventure with his father, grandfather and brothers on the old girl, he was hooked!
Spending time working in boat yards in Greece to later becoming Commodore of the Kuwait Off-shore Sailing Association, Simon has always come back to sail in and around North Wales, where his father has lived for the past 20 years.
Now settled here with his wife, Liz, and dog, Katie, he is fulfilling a dream of taking what has always been a hobby and passion, and turning it into a business.
Simon’s love of boats is truly contagious, and his level of knowledge and passion for helping people ensure you and your boat are provided the best possible service!
Elizabeth Kirkham, Office & Store Manager
Liz hails all the way from Ontario, Canada! From the province of the Great Lakes, Liz loves anything to do with the water. An avid scuba diver, she started sailing in Kuwait when she met Simon. Now living in North Wales, Liz and Simon are excited about bringing their love of water and boating into their new business venture.
Katie, Mascot & Head of Security
Katie is our young Pointador (Lab x Pointer). An enthusiastic swimmer she takes her job as Mascot and Head of Security very seriously. With her boisterous hello she is there to greet every customer, and quickly lets us know if you are arriving dock side or through the back gates!
Our Sustainability Strategy
As career environmental consultants and project managers, with over 40 years combined experience and three degrees in the field, implementing environmental best practice is not just important to us but is a way of life. Our policy at Above the Brine is to be fully committed to sustainability, which is achieved by balancing environmental, social and economic factors. Our approach to achieving this balance is to:
- Implement the 3 Rs of the waste hierarchy within our operations: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle;
- Introduce our customers to as many eco-friendly products as we can;
- Implement methods that mitigate impacts caused by boat maintenance;
- Select suppliers whose policies align with ours;
- Educate our audience on environmental issues facing the leisure craft industry;
- Support new products, technologies and research through awareness, fund raising and donations from our profits.
Let us be the first to raise our hands and admit that we are not perfect but we are committed to always striving towards being better.